The Let’s Build Campaign Cabinet for the new Junior Achievement James R. and Patricia Hemak Experiential Learning Center is a group of private sector leaders who are committed to raising $20 million in private resources to fully fund the renovation, build out and technology- enriched new learning facility. These individuals are leaders in their field and represent organizations that comprise Minnesota’s six industries. Together, they are working to build a learning facility where 4th-12th grade students prepare for their future as citizens, consumers, workers and entrepreneurs.
- Jim Hemak, Founder & Director, Webincs, Inc.
- Hugh Schilling, Founder and Chairman, Horton Holding, Inc.
- Doug Baker, Jr., Chairman and CEO, Ecolab
- Gina Blayney, President & CEO, JAUM
- Ray Barton, Chairman, Great Clips
- Richard Davis, Retired Chairman and CEO, U.S. Bancorp
- Jim Giertz, former CFO, HB Fuller
- Cindy Goplen, SVP, Wells Fargo
- Paul Koch, SVP, Koch Partners, UBS
- Michelle Koch, Partner, Chamire Holdings
- Tom Montminy, Managing Partner, PWC
- David Mortenson, Chairman, M.A. Mortenson Company
- Mike Roos, former Partner, KPMG; Chairman, JAUM Foundation
- Scott Wine, Chairman and CEO, Polaris Industries
Education Ambassadors are comprised of thought leaders, higher education leaders, and K-12 leaders across the state committed to experiential learning and utilize JA’s K-12 curriculum to bring relevance to students’ traditional education.
- Dan Hoverman, Superintendent, Mounds View School District (retired)
- Stefanie Lenway, Ph.D., Dean, Opus College of Business, University of St. Thomas
- Philip Miller, MBA, Assistant Dean, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- Matt Mohs, Headmaster, St. Thomas Academy
- Kent Pekel, Ed.D., President and CEO, Search Institute
Community Ambassadors are private and public sector leaders committed to helping JAUM make connections within our community to make the Free Market Lab a success.
- Barbara ‘Mrs. David A.’ Koch
- Dick McFarland, former CEO, RBC Wealth Management
- Greg Page, Former CEO, Cargill
- RT Rybak, CEO/President, The Minneapolis Foundation
- Prince and Sandra Wallace, Owners, Independent Packing Services, Inc.
- Charlie Weaver, Executive Director, Minnesota Business Partnership
- Douglas B. Loon, President, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
Young Entrepreneurs are members of the Millennial Generation who have started their own businesses and have volunteered to support JAUM fundraising efforts and advise the campaign cabinet on issues related to entrepreneurship and Millennials.
- Ryan Broshar, Managing Director, Matchstick Ventures and Techstars Retail
- Justin Cox, Co-Founder, Beta.MN and Twin Cities Startup Week
- Tyler Ebert, University of Minnesota class of 2016, CEO & Chairman, Adrena Card, Inc.
- Tyler Olson, CEO, SMC Pros